Thursday, September 30, 2010

A visit to the 'Toxic Lair'

In these parts where I live in, we have our own way of addressing 'new information', or pictures of figures and all other character / otaku-related goods. We call it 'poison' - because it produces the same effects as the real thing - in the sense that once consumed, you can't return, and you'll pay for it with your life... Or in our case, your CASH.

A few days ago, I went to visit my friend's place. He's a figure reseller, and quite famous if I must say. He gets purchase orders from many people, even from out of town. That's why, we call his place The 'Toxic Lair' - cos' you're bound to see piles and stacks of figures in-stock, boxes of goods, and all other kinds of treasure you can think of.

From the said piles of treasure, I found lots of good stuff to loot... err.... buy. And out of them all, I must say that the greatest find has to be this:
Galett Fey Sowauge

To those who don't recognize her, try googling "Shina Dark". It's a unique manga with an interesting plot. Too bad it ended so soon, and so far I haven't found a continuation to it. Also a pity, I can't seem to find Christina. Maybe I should just buy her online or from auction sites...

I can't decide whether to buy her or not at first, but I was reminded of a famous motto: "When in doubt, BUY IT!" - Thanks(?) to a certain campaign. Well, there she is, now sitting on my shelf.

Remember, folks. Beware of Toxic Lairs. Once you step in, there's bound to be screams of agony - be it from finding treasure (which is too irresistible to NOT buy), or worse - realizing that you've got insufficient funds...

No comments: